1. Is there any difference in appearance between a lye-treated, white-oiled finish and a lye and soap-treated finish (white pigment)?
Answer: No, they look the same.
2. Can I varnish my oiled wooden flooring?
Answer: As the pores of the wood are filled with oil there is a risk that the varnish will not adhere properly. But some varnishes will work. Ask your hardware retailer.
3. Can I varnish lye-treated wooden flooring?
Answer: Yes, but you must wash off any remaining lye first.
4. Can I lay a 23 mm thick floor as a floating floor?
Answer. Yes, but max 25 sqm.
5. What type of wood should I use in the kitchen?
Answer: There is no real answer to this question. It depends on your own preferences for colour, hardness, etc. But you should choose flooring with a good protective surface.
6. How do I care for my oiled wooden flooring?
Answer: Immediately after laying, we recommend that you oil the floor with maintenance oil. For more information, see the "Care and maintenance" section. Click here.
7. How often should I oil my wooden flooring?
Answer: Difficult to say exactly, but in general, whenever the surface looks dry and gets dirty easily.
8. Should I oil my wooden flooring as soon as it's been laid?
Answer: Yes, we recommend an extra oiling with maintenance oil. Flooring bought after spring 2009 can be treated with WOCA wood cleaner (for home flooring).
9. Should I treat the surface of my lye-treated, white-oilde Pine flooring directly after it has been laid?
Answer: Yes, with natural or white pigmented maintenance oil or white pigmented wood cleaner.
10. What should I use when I clean my lye-treatd white-oiled floor?
Answer: A soft soap specially formulated for wooden flooring, with a pH value of 8 -9. N.B. The PH value of some commercial brands of soft soap is too high and will dry out your floor!
11. What is the reflective index of the varnish?
Answer: Approx. 18-20.
12. What components does your varnish consist of?
Answer: UV-cured varnish in five layers.
13. What components does your glue consist of?
Answer: Water-based UF adhesive and EPI adhesive.
14. What components does your oil consist of?
Answer: Vegetable oils with a linseed and sunflower seed base.
15. Can I have underfloor heating under my wooden flooring?
Answer: Yes, but not under Beech or Maple. And be very particular about the air humidity (30 -60%) with a maximum floor surface temperature of 27ºC.
16. What screws should I use to screw down the flooring?
Answer: Your DIY retailer will stock special screws.
17. Can I screw down a 14 mm floor?
Answer: Yes, if it has been laid on a plywood frame.
18. When should you glue the floor to the subfloor?
Answer: When you want to soundproof your floor, or lay special patterns.